Tuesday, November 14, 2017
The Lesley New Teacher Community presents a FREE brunch event:
Establishing Loving Spaces for Learning:
Preventing Bullying and Discrimination in School Settings
Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 10:00-1:00
University Hall, Room 2-078
Harvard Graduate School of Education
To register: Send an email to email@example.com and give us your name by November 28, 2017.
More info: http://www.lesley.edu/alumni/resources-benefits/new-teacher-community
Gretchen Brion-Meisels is a lecturer at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Gretchen’s work focuses on developing positive school climates, social and emotional learning in schools, holistic student support systems and the intersections of bullying and discrimination in prevention research and practice.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, December 2, 2017
University Hall, Lesley University
The Lesley New Teacher Community presents:
Good Will Is Not Enough: Establishing Safe and Loving Classroom and Playground Spaces for All Children
Gretchen Brion-Meisels is a lecturer at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Gretchen’s work focuses on developing positive school climates, social emotional learning in schools, holistic student support systems, and the intersections of bullying and discrimination in prevention research and practice.
TO REGISTER: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: Our website: https://www.lesley.edu/alumni/resources-benefits/new-teacher-community
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Lesley is asking teachers to share how they incorporate creativity and the arts into their classroom for a chance to win $1,000. Most alumni have already received a series of emails about the competition, but they would love to make sure that anyone who may have missed the emails has another chance of seeing it.
Below is more information on entering the contest and teachers can find more information here: http://info.lesley.edu/classroom-creativity-contest.
⇨How to Enter
- Submit your entry on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter using #lesleycreative and tag us in your post. (Please make sure your post is public.)
- Entries should include:
- A photo, series of photos, or a video (up to :60 seconds) demonstrating how you incorporate the arts and creativity into your classroom.
- A text description of your activity, lesson plan, or practice
- Your name, year of graduation from Lesley, current school, and the grade level that you teach.
⇨What You Could Win
- The grand prizewinner will receive $1,000 for classroom supplies; the first runner up will receive $500 and the second runner up will receive $250.
- Lesley alumni currently teaching in PreK-12 classrooms or a PreK-12 curriculum are eligible to participate.
- All entries must be received by 5:00 pm ET on Friday, October 20 to be considered. Participants may only submit one entry.