Monday, May 1, 2017

I THINK THAT I SHALL NEVER SEE A POEM LOVELY AS A TREE....

GO CLIMB A TREE!  
A WONDERFUL FREE OPPORTUNITY AT THE ARNOLD ARBORETUM FOR Pre-K-Grade 5 Educators

 

Learn about plant morphology as you build understanding of
tree parts, their functions, and relationships to the environment

-Engaging talks by scientists
-Active learning in the landscape
-Connecting science to practice


August 21 - 24, 2017
9 am - 4 pm
Free

bit.ly/arbsi17
617 384-9032

 
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment